Our COVID-19 Promise
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We’re delighted that you’re considering Casa del Vega for your stay here in beautiful Saint Lucia, and we want you to know that we are dedicated to our hotel being an example of cleanliness, safety, and intuitive hospitality.
In the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, we are adhering to the latest guidance from the world’s leading health experts and government authorities, including the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control. Our existing practices regarding food handling, sanitation, disinfection, and cleaning have been heightened to ensure your health and safety during your stay.
Below, you can read more about the procedures we’ve implemented to keep you and our associates healthy and safe. When you travel, you’re placing your wellbeing in our hands, and we take this responsibility seriously.
We’re glad you’re here.
We’ve changed small details about your arrival to minimize physical contact with people and public surfaces, while providing a safe and welcoming experience.
- In order to comply with local ordinances, all guests are required to wear face masks while in the common areas of the hotel unless seated for eating and drinking.
- We will take the temperature of every member of your stay party when you arrive and note this on your check in form. We will also ask you to use hand sanitizer and we will spray your luggage with a non-chemical sanitising spray.
- On your front door there will be a clean plastic wallet that contains details of how you can reach us, a disposable laundry bag for dirty linen and a spare mask. There will also be paper and a pen so that you can leave us notes and instructions of times when we will check these.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, will be placed throughout the property for everyone’s use and we may also leave a spray bottle with sanitiser in your room.
- Common areas will be clearly marked with posted signage and floor decals to encourage appropriate physical distancing among guests who are not traveling together.
- When the restaurant is opened, altered seating capacities that allow for physical distancing between guests based on international and national guidelines will be in effect.
- Meeting and banquet arrangements will allow for physical distancing between guests based and where available, self-serve, buffet-style food service has been suspended and replaced by alternative service styles.
Good, clean, fun, with emphasis on the clean
Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which meet recognised guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and blood-borne pathogens.
- Public Spaces and Communal Areas – The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces.
- Guest Rooms – Robust cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items. Private bar items and some accessories will be removed from our guest rooms but will be available upon request and sanitized between uses, when applicable.
- Latest and Greatest Technology – We’re using state-of-the-art equipment to enhance our cleaning and sanitation efforts.
Taking care of our own
Work can feel like a second home, and it’s just as important to us that our team remains healthy and safe while they perform their jobs.
- All team members are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well, and temperatures will be checked before associates clock in.
- Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their roles and responsibilities, and in adherence to regulations and guidance.
- All team members are receiving training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols, including how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to our local Health Departments.
As we learn more about how to live and travel in the wake of the coronavirus, we’re staying up-to-date on the most current solutions so that we can provide the safest and cleanest experience for our guests and associates. We’re grateful that you’ve chosen our property, and we’re looking forward to seeing you.
— The Casa del Vega Team